Monday, January 31, 2011

Two (Three) websites

The History Net
The History Channel
Give Me Liberty: An American Journal

These websites will supplement a unit on Federal v. States rights/powers.  This unit takes place within a U.S. History, 10th grades average ability class.  The students will use these websites for interactive map exercises, primary source documents and audio/visual pod-casts.  In addition, the "Give Me Liberty" website includes primary source's that are accompanied by a media worksheet.  The students will also be able to take multiple choice and true/false quizzes to reinforce the material.  This website also includes a printable outline for the entire chapter along with a timeline date sheet for the students to complete.  The students can email me their worksheets, primary source documents and quiz/test scores.  They go directly to my email address where I can assess and provide feddback/comments.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the website "Give me Liberty: An American Journal." It is a great website that provides a variety of resources for students. I could even use some of the maps with my younger students. This is a wonderful way for students to track their own progress in the class as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the "Give me Liberty: An American Journal." website as well. It really does a great job of breaking chapters/subjects down. It integrates technology with the podcasts, and interactive maps. It provides good study tools with flashcards, outlines, and a time line to reinforce material.

    ReplyDelete